Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden

So May 1, 2011, Bin Laden is reported killed. Most people know Bin Laden as the "mastermind" behind the 9/11 attacks on the USA. As I read Facebook and Twitter and are watching everyone post things about him being found dead, and how much joy there in most people's comments, I have to wonder if celebrating over someone that died and is now in Hell really worth all this excitement.
I understand that Bin Laden did a lot of evil, and I know that he was part of a group that killed thousands, but we all are guilty of doing evil in our own lives as well. I would hate to see people celebrating because I was dead, and saying that I deserved it for the evil that I committed in my life. We try to justify things saying they are "more" evil than others, but they are still evil, and are still sin. God says the wages of sin is death. That is any sin. That is the reason that Jesus died to free us from what we deserve, and that means Jesus died for the sins of Osama Bin Laden too. It is sad that he never received that grace and forgiveness from Jesus, just as it is sad when anyone does not receive forgiveness from the evil that they have committed.
2 Peter 3:9
...He(God) is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

God wants to see everyone come to repentance and to start a relationship with himself. Even if you do something as bad as hijacking planes and flying them into buildings to kill thousands. God's forgiveness is still there, and his Grace is that powerful. 
So I am not saying what Bin Laden did was right, but it was not anything that Jesus would not have forgiven if given the chance. And the same is with anyone, Jesus will forgive us of our sins, we just have to accept that forgiveness in our lives. 

God Bless
Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment