Monday, May 9, 2011

Running

I ran track for 3years in high school. I used to be able to run like 3miles a day (crazy for me I know), during off season and then only have track meets like 1/4 of a semester. I only ran the 100yard and 200yard dash and the relays. I was always so mad that i had to run 3miles like everyday all off season, but every year I was so glad i stayed in shape during the off season so i could be ready for when the whistle blew.

Runners to your mark.... Ready..... Set..... GO!!! 


I would take off running out of the blocks, focus on my next steps, my breathing, how long my strides where, how much energy i had left, and where the finish line was. Every second counts in the 100 or 200dash. Someone can not expect to jog the first couple of seconds and then start running if they expect to win. No one would dare stop and start talking to someone in the crowd or to fix their jersey to make sure it looked right. Everything I had went to running that race, all parts of me had to be focused and pushing its limits, mind, body, strength, and even soul. If any one thing was off, or lacking, i would run a bad time. 

So we enter this world, we grow up all in different ways, we learn things all differently but one thing is for certain for every person that starts to run this race of life.... there is a finish line. Death. Everyone crosses this line. Everyone is running the race of life. But are we running the race like we really believe that the finish line is there. Jesus Christ came and offered himself for our sins, he ran towards the finish line and did not stop there but opened a door to heaven for us. But if we believe that Jesus really did that for us, why are we not training to run this race as best as we can? Loving God with all our mind body strength and soul and loving others more than ourselves? Why are we jogging or even walking towards heaven? We should be running carrying a torch of hope everywhere we go. 
Are we living like we are going to die, or just living for the moment right now. The finish line is coming there is no avoiding it. How are you going to run the race?


Pastor Russell
Act 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.


1Cr 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.


2Ti 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


Hbr 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment