Thursday, August 25, 2011

Church

I love the Church.

Sometimes I think we miss the idea of Church...
Are we called to a building? Or, are we called to be the Church?
I love church very much and I think it is a great place to find God, grow in faith, be encouraged by believers, find answers, and belong to a real family. I have experienced some great things attending different churches over the last 3years. I am now just not attending a church, but I am staff member at a church-Youth Pastor to label it. I still love the church I am at staff now and believe that God is casting a big vision for it.
One thing I think the enemy has done very well is to divide THE Church with lots of little churches. Churches will argue and  disagree on so many things... and it is usually the little things. I believe that Jesus is coming back for his Bride the Church, and I hope and pray that the churches would come together like never before and put away all the "non-essential" things that they disagree on. Because all Christian Churches believe that following after Jesus is the only way to heaven and if we could unite on that fact and go to the lost and hurting in our world and show them the wonderful Grace of Jesus Christ- that would be amazing.

Romans 14:19
So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.

I think we have to get out of the mindset that church is just a building. It is a group of people that have put their faith in Jesus Christ. WE are THE Church. Jesus is not coming back to take a bunch of buildings made from brick and stone, but he is coming back for those that love him and have put their faith in him. 
So lets stop just going to church on Sundays and Wednesdays, and start being The Church 7days a week.

Pastor Russell 



No comments:

Post a Comment