Monday, September 26, 2011

Dying to Live

Colossians 3:3
For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Matthew 10:39
If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.

You have to die to live, and if you have not died, you are not living. Jesus said to follow him to be his disciple and the road that he walked lead to death. If you truly start to follow Jesus the road will lead you to death also, and not a psychical death ( at least not in America), but a death to yourself. 
I remember when that death happened in my life, I chose to follow Jesus and in doing so, I had to kill the old me and the passions and wants of that life and take up the new me that Jesus was offering. I never knew how dead I was until I became alive. 
If you want to live, not only in this life but the life to come, you have to die to yourself in this life, and follow Jesus and become that new person that he called you to be. The more that you die to yourself the more room Jesus has for you to become like him. 
Are the things you are living for, worth Christ dying for? - are you wasting the Grace that God gave you?- by living life the way you want it, by only following your passions and desires- You have to die to yourself, then and only then will you live in Christ- and that is the life that we were created to experience.
So are you dying to live? 

God Bless
Pastor Russell 

No comments:

Post a Comment